Sunday 16 June 2013

All in a day's work

Left home for the office.

Me: "We have the weather of the Falklands without the fun of penguins."
Handsome man in lift: "Wha?"
Me: "It's very cold for the middle of June."
Handsome man: -
Me: *squirm*


Walking past the Big Issue seller I see every day, he mutely held up the latest edition.

"Sorry Simon I've already got that one."
"Unfortunately so have I."

It was Simon who told me a few weeks ago that he has been selling the BI for sixteen years and so far has never opened it or read a single word!


Later met up with a good friend and we strolled down to Trafalgar Square, talking about a mutual acquantance.

Friend: "Is he on my bus?"
Me: "Wha?"
Friend: "My bus. Is he gay?"
Me: "He is on a train going in the opposite direction to your bus darling."

Had a pint of Guinness and went home to do yoga.

1 comment: